Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Weekend Getaway

This summer we have decided to do a few small trips as versus a big vacation. The decision was partly based on our hope of saving money and time. My husband is going to be starting his own business probably next year, so we are trying to build a nest egg, and my sister is getting married this summer. Needless to say I am very busy. So our first little weekend away was to Seaside, a beach town about two hours north of us. We went up Friday after work and had a blast! I think we tend to forget how many neat things are near us that we have yet to explore. We got a fabulous condo with a fireplace and jet tub...I was pleastantly surprised, and my husband let me enjoy a nice bath while we were there. Thank you honey! We tried to do all the tourist things we could in a short period of time.
1. We rode a surrey (those bikes with two pedals that look like cars) and almost died. I have forgotten how hard those things are to ride. My poor husband was sweating so badly, as the little hoodlums yelled "faster Faster".
2. We shopped the boardwalk and saw a lot of beautiful things.
3. Rode the rides (carousel-I had to litterally pry Gracie's hands off the golden bar!) (Tilt-a-Whirl: Gabby and I rode it right after lunch, luckily she didn't puke, I didn't even think about it until half way through-good mom huh?)
4. We took the girls swimming in a pool that was so cold, I couldn't even get in..good thing for tough skinned husbands!
5. Went to Fort Clatsop where Lewis and Clark set up camp after their trek to the Pacific. There was a very realistic replica of the fort and a lot of trails to hike and view.(Got to stick some education into your trips right?)
6. Of course we ate and ate well!!!!(Thanks Nick and Dawn you sneaky sweeties)
We were all sorry to leave and Gabby keeps asking when we are going to move back into our hotel, but I'm sure more wonderful adventures await us soon. I will at some point get my husband to look forward to vacation.He is such a home body,but each trip I see a few more smiles. Maybe one day.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! We are stay-caying this year as well. Lots to do in So Cal, it's nice to take the time to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete