Monday, June 29, 2009

Such a sucker!

The other day we went to McMinnville for a doctor's appt and that was when I was suckered. There were four parties involved in the ambush. Bad guy number one was my mother, she suggested we go look at some baby kitties in front of Petco. Bad guy number two was my sister who suggested we let Gabby hold one and take a picture with it. Bad guy number three was Gabby, who looked up at me with those sad eyes and said "oh mommy please." But I was standing strong, as many know we had a very bad kitty experiance last summer and I was determined not to repeat it. Last summer my husband brought home a stray cat that apparently was over run with ringworm and we didn't know it. Lets just say after two months of me, the kids, our friend's kids, and the dog covered in the ring-like rash. After several doctor appts, vet trips, and bleaching everthing I have been very weary of getting another cat. Enter in bad guy number four...my husband. My lovely sister(bad guy #2)texted the picture of Gabby and the cat and asked him if it was alright to get a kitty. I was confident that knowing how sketchy I was about cats, that he would back me up. Apparently not since we now own a kitten. With four against one I caved. I now have a cute little grey kitty with bright blue eyes. Hopefully the lord will watch over us and put a nice ringworm sheild over us. When you see the girls with Sammy(kitty) it is worth it. They love him so much! Here's Gracie with Sammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment