Thursday, October 6, 2011

Preschool


Last month, my middle child started preschool! For those who don't live near us, you may not realize what a large feat this is. Gracie has been telling us almost every day for the last year that she will not be attending school. She would be so determined about it, and no matter how many fun things we told her about it she would refuse. She loves to be with us, and I am sure that this is the main reason she didn't want to go. As you can imagine, as the day drew near, I was a bundle of nerves. I could just picture her clinging to my leg sobbing as I pried her off. We got ready for school that day, and she didn't fight me getting dressed. We dropped Gabby off first, and she seemed to be alright, but I noticed her"shaking" a lot as we neared the school. Gracie has always had a "shaking" thing that she does when she is upset, or really excited. It is as though she can't find the words to express her feelings. We pulled in, and I got her out of her car seat. She clutched my hand pretty tightly, and I thought...oh lord, here we go! I helped her hang her backpack up, and we found her some toys to play with. I thought I was going to have to sneak out, but she turned, gave me the biggest squeeze, and said"Mommy, I am going to be alright." I couldn't believe it, it took all of my might to wait until I got to the parking lot before crying. She had decided to go, and to even put on a brave face for me. I love that girl so much! I am so happy and excited that now she loves preschool. Her teachers are fabulous, and she is already learning.

1 comment: