Thursday, October 6, 2011

1st grade


I know it has been almost a month since school started, but it is still such an important day, we have to blog about it. I can't believe that I have a first grader! She is getting so big so quickly. Last year her starting school was an emotional thing for me....this year, not much was different;) She is just so brave! I was always so scared on the first day of school, she ended last year, not all that happy with school. I was worried that it would transfer to this year. We went into her classroom though and she just picked out her desk, put her lunch away, and went to introduce herself to some little girls. I love that she is so friendly and outgoing, makes me a little envious. She had a great first day, and is loving school. Our only problem, is the bus...she hates it. I can't really blame her, it makes her day that much longer. They get out of school at 3:00, but it is a 45min bus ride home. Hopefully as she gets used to the long days, it will get better.
It is amazing how much she has already learned, she is reading, adding, and according her teacher is very well behaved. Thank the lord! I love watching the wheels in her head turn as she sounds words out, and tries to spell. Here is to a fabulous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment